Friday 12 January 2007

This could just change your life...


Just a small plug for a slim book on a huge topic. The 2007 Ridley Hall Lent Book 'His journey, our journey' has now been published by Canterbury Press - and it's a cracker (although I would say that, wouldn't I). See www.ridley.cam.ac.uk to buy and see what the previous year's edition was like. This year the daily reflections follow the journey of Jesus told in Luke's gospel from when he starts walking towards Jerusalem and ending with the first Easter. In a way the collection of reflections is also a commentary on the gospel, so it's a BOGOF offer too - commentary and Lent meditation.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I commented on your fellow ordinand wannabepriest's blog but this rather old layman was much too slow off the mark - a rare neuropathy as well as brain drain!The concept of students and staff combining together is excellent and must be very beneficial spiritual benefit for their readers!
My days in Cambridge go back to watching the Cambridge v Aussies at Fenners whilst I was in the Army in ‘48. Cambridge Uni had real cricketers then!
Then our son was at nearby Selwyn in late 70's when ++ Sentamu was there and at Ridley!
Best wishes for your future calling in the ministry, hopefully in a mission-shaped C of E.

Mary said...

Thanks, Ken, for your comments. I would be pleased to send you a copy of the Lent book if you wish. Send me a comment with your details (which I will not publish or keep) and I will stick one in the post.
I am off to the black Fens... which may well be an interesting mission area.

Mary said...

Thanks for info, Ken. I will post one to you shortly. Anyone else want a freebie - I have another four to give away.

Unknown said...

I'll take one of your 4 extras off your hands if its still available. I'd like to have something to work through lent with and this book sounds like a good one.

Mary said...

Thanks for asking, Scott. If you send me a comment with your address I will send you a copy. And I won't publish your address, of course. The Lent book is selling better than ever this year.