Monday 21 May 2007

Freedom, O freedom...


For the few visitors to this page, I am alive and well but writing. The 'Modernity, Postmodernity and the Gospel' essay needs a killer end and an edit for submission next Monday. And the dissertation has about 1,000 words of text, lots of reading and a questionnaire all done so far... The final day at college is less than 4 weeks away and ordination now less than 6 weeks. Time seems to have speeded up somewhat.

Ridley Hall Gospel Choir's concert in Cambridge over the weekend was fun - about 140 in the audience who seemed to enjoy the evening, as we did. The copies of the CD we recorded in the chapel the other week arrived in time for the concert and they are selling well. Will try to put a sample on here sometime soon (but can't so far work out how to do this with the software I have). Where the idea came from 2 years ago into my head to try to start up a gospel choir I really don't know. A step out in faith, I guess, because I can't conduct. And then Lisa stepped forward to do the bizz in front and teach the songs, and those who didn't know they could even sing, let alone perform... It's been fun, as well as worship and evangelism all rolled into one. And with Mark taking over from Lisa I think that its future is assured for a couple more years at least.

No comments: