Saturday 17 November 2007

Passing thoughts...


It was sad to read that Dan Hardy died on Thursday. I met Dan and Perrin a couple of years ago at a friend's 'Desert Island Discs' evening - we each took the one track that we would choose for our stay on the desert island. He was very gracious and patient about my ramblings about how I came to be about to go to a selection panel to see if I was called to ordination. He was just another guest, chatting over the buffet (and yes, there was quiche on the table). Later I discovered that he was the Rev Canon Professor Daniel W Hardy of Princeton and Cambridge Universities, and a theologian of some repute. I haven't read any of his books or studied his work - perhaps I will now. I just remember the person with a twinkle in his eyes and regret that I didn't get to know him better.

No comments: