Monday 23 April 2007

Beginnings and endings...


A new term dawns... This afternoon I have the first of this term's classes, with lots of texts that I should have read in preparation. The vacation tradition of morning prayer followed by breakfast on F Staircase continued this morning but for the last time, for me anyway. Brewed coffee, croissants, pains aux chocolat and good bread toasted and buttered while hot - not to mention the greengage jam and the homemade marmalade. Of such is heaven made... Now a lot a reading and the completion of my self-assessment form will fill the rest of the morning. And perhaps a bit of essay writing this evening.

The made-to-measure clerical shirts arrived on Friday - trying them on I was told that a black clerical shirt really suits me. In 10 weeks time it will be the second day of my curacy...

No comments: